Executive Producer, Broadcast and Online
Six months part time maternity cover, ideally to start at the end of October 2023.
We are looking to recruit an Executive Producer (maternity cover) to provide commissioning and production support for broadcast and video projects.
Working with The Space’s CEO/Creative Director and other colleagues, the Executive Producer oversees content production and delivery for broadcast and video projects securing funding and co-production support.
Candidates will have experience producing film/video projects for publication on digital or broadcast platforms and have a knowledge of rights clearances and compliance issues. Experience of developing arts, broadcast or digital projects and overseeing them to completion is required, as is experience of working in a fast-paced environment, juggling demands and meeting deadlines.
- Executive Producer for selected projects commissioned by The Space, with a particular focus on broadcast and video work as part of The Space’s commissioning team.
- Particular responsibility to work with artists and cultural organisations to develop their ideas for broadcast and digital platforms and to work closely with the Senior Executive, Strategic Partnerships to secure commissions and investment. To include writing or contributing to pitch documents and funding applications as required.
- On broadcast projects, overseeing production and delivery pipeline and being central liaison point between partner organisation and commissioner on matters including editorial specification and commissioning paperwork, circulating cuts and edit notes, and editorial delivery paperwork such as compliance form and billings.
- Working with The Space’s network of freelance digital specialists to ensure projects in planning or production have access to appropriate advice.
- Assessing applications to The Space’s own commissioning rounds and giving editorial feedback to applicants.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
The Space is committed to equal opportunities for all. We welcome applications for this role from disabled people and those from diverse backgrounds.
We will not tolerate unfair treatment or discrimination of any type in employment and commissioning art or services. Our policy is always to ensure that all people are treated fairly, irrespective of their age, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, responsibility for dependents, age, disability, religious belief or non- belief, trade union or political activity, nationality, or any other reasons which cannot be shown to be justified.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a response highlighting your relevant experience and how you would approach the role, to: [email protected], stating the job title in the subject line. If your response is a cover letter, it should be a maximum of 500 words and if video or audio, up to two minutes.
Please send us your application by 12pm (midday) Monday 25 Sep 2023.
This job is only open to individuals who have the right to work in the UK. We regret that it is only possible for us to respond to applicants who are shortlisted for interview.