About this round
This Capture commissioning round is run in partnership with the BBC to capture, broadcast and digitally distribute live arts performances and events for audiences, showcasing and increasing the reach of existing activities.The deadline for applications is midday, Friday 29 June 2018. Please see below for eligibility criteria, key documents and a link to the online application form. Click here for an overview of our two current commissioning rounds.
- The applicant must be an arts or cultural organisation whose registered office is in the UK. Organisations can include museums and libraries if the project is primarily arts focused
- Project budgets will typically be between £75,000 and £120,000. You must be able to contribute at least 30% of the project budget in cash or in-kind, either yourselves or via third party funding. The maximum budget contribution from The Space will usually be £70,000, rising to £85,000 in exceptional circumstances
- The project must be suitable for BBC TV broadcast and wider digital distribution. It should help to build production and audience development skills in your organisation
- The project must be filmed by 31 March 2019
- You should be willing to share insights gained from the project with the arts and cultural sector via a case study published by The Space after project completion
- Budget Template.xlsx (23KB, downloads in browser)
Access the Capture application form.
You can also download a PDF copy of the application questions for reviewing offline, but your final application should use the online form: Copy of application form.pdf (136KB).
If you require support accessing the commissioning briefs, applying online or with any other aspect of the application process, please contact us: email@example.com or telephone 0121 663 1488.