About this round
This Low-Cost R&D commissioning round aims to increase the digital reach of arts and cultural organisations by increasing the impact of existing work or collections. The deadline for applications is midday, Friday 29 June 2018. Please see below for eligibility criteria, key documents and a link to the online application form. Click here for an overview of our two current commissioning rounds.
- The applicant must be an arts or cultural organisation whose registered office is in England. Organisations can include museums and libraries if the project is primarily arts focused
- We expect budgets for each project to be in the range of £5,000 to £15,000. The minimum amount of funding from The Space per project will be £3,000 and our normal maximum funding per project will be £11,000, though this could be higher in exceptional circumstances. Organisations must provide at least 25% matched funding, in cash or in kind
- The project must produce content that is made available to public audiences and help to build digital production and audience development skills in your organisation
- The project must be published by 31 March 2019
- You should be willing to share insights gained from the project with the arts and cultural sector via a case study published by The Space after project completion
- Budget Template.xlsx (22KB, downloads in browser)
Access the Low-Cost R&D application form
You can also download a PDF copy of the application questions for reviewing offline, but your final application should use the online form: Copy of application form.pdf (134KB).
If you require support accessing the commissioning briefs, applying online or with any other aspect of the application process, please contact us: email@example.com or telephone 0121 663 1488.