About this round
This Low-Cost R&D commissioning round aims to increase the digital reach of arts and cultural organisations by increasing the impact of existing work or collections. The deadline for applications is midday, Thursday 4 April 2019. Please see below for eligibility criteria, key documents and a link to the online application form. Click here for an overview of our two current commissioning rounds.
• The applicant must be an arts or cultural organisation whose registered office is in England. Organisations can include museums and libraries if the project is primarily arts focused
• We expect budgets for each project to be in the range of £5,000 to £15,000. The minimum amount of funding from The Space per project will be £3,000 and our normal maximum funding per project will be £11,000, though this could be higher in exceptional circumstances. Organisations must provide at least 25% matched funding, in cash or in kind
• The project must produce content that is made available to public audiences and help to build digital production and audience development skills in your organisation
• To allow time for scoping we anticipate typically applicants will not be aiming to publish before late July/August 2019
• The project must be published by 31 March 2020
• You should be willing to share insights gained from the project with the arts and cultural sector via a case study published by The Space after project completion
Access the Low-Cost R&D application form
You can also download a PDF copy of the application questions for reviewing offline, but your final application should use the online form: Copy of application form .pdf (PDF 140KB)..
If you require support accessing the commissioning briefs, applying online or with any other aspect of the application process, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0121 663 1488.