The Space’s exists to enable the arts, culture and heritage sector to engage audiences using digital and broadcast content and platforms.
Founded in 2013 by Arts Council England and the BBC, we are now an independent not-for-profit organisation. Our role is to fund the creation of new digital cultural content and provide free training, mentoring and online resources for organisations, artists and creative practitioners.
The Space is an independent Community Interest Company (registered no. 08241091) with a Board Of Directors from the arts, media, digital and technology sectors.
Our Board Directors are:
- Emma Cooper, Project Lead, Cooperative Innovations
- David Chikwe, Founder and Producer Three Tables Productions
- Sarah Ellis (Chair), Director of Digital Development, RSC
- Katie Hudson, Innovation Partner, Digital Catapult
- Nicola Osborne, Programme Manager, Creative Informatics
- Liz Rosenthal, Founder and CEO of Power to the Pixel
- Abdul Shayek, Artistic Director and joiunt CEO, Tara Theatre
- Jo Verrent, Senior Producer, Unlimited