Open Commissioning Opportunities
We have two commissioning opportunities currently open for applications:
- Low-Cost R&D: for cultural organisations in England looking to increase their digital reach. Funding up to £11,000 (ex. VAT). Deadline for applications midday Thursday 16 April 2020. Funded by Arts Council England.
- Culture in Quarantine: for established professional artists in England responding to the Coronavirus crisis. Funding up to £8,000 (ex. VAT). Deadline for applications midday Wednesday 8 April 2020. Funded by BBC Arts and Arts Council England.
See below for summary information:
This commissioning round is funded by Arts Council England. It aims to increase the digital reach of arts and cultural organisations by increasing the impact of existing work or collections. It allows you to test approaches to extending your work digitally, acquiring new skills and gaining practical, sustainable experience in creating digital content and engaging online audiences. Projects should be able to be turned around relatively quickly and have a measurable audience outcome. We are particularly interested in applications from diverse-led organisations and/or projects that include a focus on reaching diverse or underserved arts and cultural audiences.
For more information and to apply online: Low-Cost R&D.
Culture in Quarantine
BBC Arts with Arts Council England, as part of an ongoing relationship, has launched the Culture in Quarantine fund for around 25 established England-based artists of any discipline to produce new works in creative media - video, audio and interactive. This fund is being managed by The Space working with other cultural sector partners.
We are looking for creatively ambitious ideas that feel that they could have been made at no other time. Commissions do not need to be about the current emergency but must engage imaginatively with ideas of social isolation. The requirements of social distancing must also be adhered to in the making of the commission. The work proposed should be novel and aim to deliver a creative and engaging audience experience and be clear about the specific audiences they aim to appeal to.
Depending on their nature, each work will be hosted by the BBC online and/or on-air. Formats might include:
- TV broadcast or online video content
- Radio, podcast or other audio content
- Interactive content (e.g. 360-degree videos, interactive narratives)
Projects in this strand need to be able to be delivered before the end of July 2020.
For more information and to apply online: Culture in Quarantine
If you require support accessing the commissioning briefs, applying online or with any other aspect of the application process, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0121 663 1488.