The Space’s Digital Rights Toolkit is part of this work to help provide some guidance and clarity in the knotty area of digital rights.
The Space has been talking to rights holders, arts organisations and arts representatives including Equity, the Musicians’ Union and the Writers’ Guild and working with digital rights expert Ben Green to create a new digital rights framework that everyone can work within as part of the DCMS’ Culture is Digital Programme.
Here is a useful list of Talent Unions, Collecting Societies and Trade bodies representing rights holders:
- Performers: Equity
- Script Writers: Writers’ Guild of Great Britain
- Musicians’ performance: Musicians’ Union
- Music – PRS for Music
- Still Photographs: – British Association of Picture Libraries and Agencies (BAPLA)
- Fine Art – Design and Artists Copyright Society (DACS)
- Archive Film: Federation of Commercial Archive Libraries (FOCAL)
Give us your feedback